Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Irelands conversation with grandpa

Grandpa "Ireland honey what do you want for x mas?"
Ireland "Hmmm, I don't know Grandpa, maybe a movie. I know they're expensive though so let me think of something cheaper''.
Grandpa "Honey Grandpa can afford it, he has a lot of money".
Ireland ''okay then, can I have a new vcr instead?''

This convo made me feel good for a couple reasons. First of all because as spoiled as Ireland is and I mean this kid seriously has everything (her old vcr broke so thats why she needs a new one), she still doesn't expect the world. This is point one for me and a loss of one for Greg because he insists constantly that the amount of stuff this kid gets will turn her into a horrible spoiled brat. Second of all it makes me feel good that Ireland is becoming the type of person who can obviously realize that not everyone can afford expensive things and it may not be realistic to ask everyone for a vcr so she tweaked what she wanted so that she didn't upset my dad and asked for something she thought he could afford. What I don't get is why my father is asked for a dvd when he is a lot more financially comfortable then Greg and I and we were asked fr a $200 guitar and lessons....oh well lol.